- Art and drawing – Munibung Hill is a veritable treasure trove for creative expression. Anyone with a pen, pencil and brush will feel at home in the Munibung Hill community of native plants and animals.
- Bushwalking – As a family, as an individual, or as one of a bushwalking club, you are invited to engage in this long standing practice of getting into nature. (List of Bushwalking groups at the 12 Great Walks page – scroll down to: Other group contacts).
- Family friendly days out – To see reports about being in nature at Munibung Hill, check:
> this post at Newy with Kids: Enjoy a family walk and
> this post at Lake Mac Family Life: Climb to the top of Munibung Hill (Home site) Climb to the top of Munibung Hill (Facebook post)
- Health and wellbeing –
- Exercise such as walking, jogging, running, interval training.
- Nature Therapy – Meditation, Forest Bathing: if they can do it at Centennial Park, Sydney, we can do it at Munibung Hill, Lake Macquarie
- Group practice – Tai chi, Yoga
- Thinking ambles – a time honoured method practiced by Aristotle, Beethoven, Albert Einstein, Charles Darwin, John Muir, Walt Whitman, William Wordsworth and others. Here’s proof: Why we do our best thinking while walking
- Walk, Think, Create – another take on walking sponsored by a group of women who find walking helps calm the mind from which they can more clearly engage in their chosen creative endeavours such as art, design, poetry, journalism, photography, storytelling – find out more at: walk-think-create
- Meandering – for those who prefer unstructured, more peaceful, yet still with a purpose types of nature immersion, meandering might make the cut.
- Photography – there are many opportunities for pictures taken on mobile devices or the more professional SLR types. We welcome members of Camera Clubs to visit Munibung Hill and to enter pictures taken from and of Munibung Hill, in local competitions
- Picnics with family and friends
- Plogging – a way of jogging that includes picking up after people who have been less than considerate in their personal behaviour towards nature and their fellow citizens. Get The Complete Plogging Guide from Clean Up Australia.
- Urban Forest Festival – Munibung Hill would make an ideal venue for a festival celebrating trees and the need for green open space in our lives
- Visitor destination – More people have chosen to visit Munibung Hill in 2020 than ever before. This is one review posted on the net in November at Destinations Journey